The Child & Adolescent Inpatient Psychiatric Program is specially designed to accommodate emotionally impaired, behaviorally disordered and learning disabled children between three and 17 years of age. Shortly after admission, an individualized treatment plan is developed which lists specific goals for the patient. Each youth is assigned to a treatment program based on age.
Havenwyck has three specific programs based on age range:
- Three to 10 years of age
- 11 to 13 years of age
- 14 to 17 years of age
We understand that the emotional health and well-being of these children are related to many factors, including:
- Positive relationships with parents, siblings and peers.
- Opportunities to develop self-care and adequate coping skills.
- Appropriate physical and psychosocial development.
- Environmental limits that offer a sense of security and structure while stimulating autonomy and a sense of self-identity and achievement.
The unique design of the program, under the direction of a qualified child and adolescent psychiatrist, facilitates a multi-disciplinary treatment program which includes individual, school, group and family therapies as well as a variety of substance abuse groups and activities.
The program serves children and adolescents between three and 17 years of age who:
- Exhibit serious psychiatric/substance abuse problems.
- Present a danger to themselves or others.
- Have not had success using outpatient treatment.
For an immediate assessment, call the Intake Center at 1-800-401-2727 any time of the day or night.
Admissions are accepted 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Referrals may be made by physicians, mental health professionals, social workers, social service agencies, family members or friends. Admission decisions are made by a psychiatrist.