The Adult Inpatient Psychiatric Program at Havenwyck Hospital is located in a secure unit that provides acute care in a safe, therapeutic environment. Treatment is provided by a team of licensed professionals experienced in the assessment and treatment of adults with psychiatric and/or substance abuse problems. This team provides specialized services under the direction of the attending psychiatrist.
The program is designed as a multi-disciplinary approach to treatment and encompasses a variety of therapies, including individual, group, family, recreational and psychopharmacology. The program operates 24 hours per day, seven days per week, year round.
- 24-hour, skilled nursing care
- Physician-led, multi-disciplinary treatment team
- Safe, therapeutic, structured environment
- Intensive psychiatrist and therapist involvement
- Ability to utilize both medication and therapy, as appropriate
The program serves adults 18 years of age or older who:
- Exhibit serious psychiatric/substance abuse problems
- Present a danger to themselves or others
- Have not had success using outpatient treatment
For an immediate assessment, call the Intake Center at 1-800-401-2727 any time of the day or night.
Admissions are accepted 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Referrals may be made by physicians, mental health professionals, social workers, social service agencies, family members or friends. Admission decisions are made by a psychiatrist.